Artist Open Studio Tour, September 15, 16, 2012
The Mendocino Art Center has been a haven for artists since 1959. Today the Art Center is a highly regarded artistic and educational institution known for retreat-style workshops led by superlative artist-instructors.
This will be the third consecutive year of the Artists Open Studio Tour, providing visitors a rare behind the scenes peek at the life of an artist. Some of Mendocino’s finest coastal artists, from painters to jewelry makes to glass and fiber artists will be opening their private art studios for a free public viewing as part of the Mendocino Art Center’s Artists Open Studio Tour on September 15, 16, 2012 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
This self-guided tour will take you through a beautiful stretch of Highway 1 from Little River to Fort Bragg. This is an opportunity to meet the talented artists and watch demonstrations and see and buy original artwork. The Mendocino Art Center art studios will also be open for demonstrations and art sales. This is a FREE event.
- Eleanor Harvey – 24279 Sashandra Lane, Fort Bragg (oil pastel)
- John Hewitt – 32520 Lassen Drive, Fort Bragg (all painting mediums)
- Janis Porter – 45351 South Caspar Drive, Mendocino (watercolor)
- Rachel Lahn – 10551 Kasten Street, Mendocino mixed media/acrylic)
- Jacquelyn Hewitt – 45290 Covelo Street, Mendocino (oil pastels, mixed media, fabric)
- Julie Higgins – 10801 Gurley Lane, Mendocino (soft pastels, acrylics)
- Donna Jensen Burke – 10887 Cummings Street, Mendocino ( oil & pastel)
- Gerry Grimes – 44777 Crestwood Drive, Mendocino (hand woven rugs and scarves)
- Ellen Athens – 43000 Little River Airport Road, Little River (mixed media jewelry)
- Cynthia Myers – 4300 Little River Airport Road, Little River (glass)
Stevenswood Spa Resort is only 2 minutes south, of the village of Mendocino. Plan on coming to the coast and enjoy one of our suites, dinner and relax and get pampered in our spa.
For dinner phone 707-937-2810 or online at urban spoon.
For lodging phone 707-937-2810 or online at reservations.
For spa reservations phone 707-937-2810 or online at Indigo Eco-Spa.