Stevenswood sits on a hill in a virgin forest overlooking the sea, the vista framed by trees and meadow. The land is private and sheltered, possessing tranquility with a long and peaceful history.
Two brothers, Robert and William Zimmer, inherited the land in 1982. Together, they created Stevenswood Lodge, envisioning a new kind of hospitality for the northern Mendocino coast – blending the matchless natural beauty of its forest by the sea setting with an elegant and spacious contemporary lodge design. Stevenswood opened its doors to the public in 1988.
Stevenswood was built from a guest’s point of view. It needed to be efficient, pleasing, and above all, comfortable. They wanted to create a civilized retreat, not a formal hotel. The Zimmers were adamant that Stevenswood would have the finest construction to create a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere where guests could enjoy nature.
In 1992 Stevenswood achieved its first Four Diamond Award
It was the first property on the Mendocino coast to make such an achievement, and one of the youngest properties to achieve a Four Diamond Award statis.
Ten years later (1998) on Memorial Weekend, Stevenswood opened up its new restaurant.
The New Vision:
Then at the end of 2004, Stevenswood was acquired by the current owners, Michael Webster and Seth Kelman with a vision and dedication to bring Stevenswood to a new higher level of amenities, guest services, and creature comforts. It began immediately with a massive remodeling and renovation.
- Slate floors from Madagaskar in the Lobby and bathrooms in all the suites.
- Cork flooring in all the suites and in the Hallways.
- Tempurpedic Sleep systems in all of the suites.
- New micro-fiber Italian furniture.
- Glass Venetian Bowls in the newly remodeled bathrooms.
- Ocean view exercise room where the new infra-red sauna is located.
- New expanded ocean view deck.
- New furniture for both decks.
- Outside propane heaters for the decks for extra comfort for our guests.
Amenities for our guests;
- High-end Herme collection from France for the new toiletrie items.
- Italian coffee makers. (coffee, lattes, and espresso)
- Expanded lavish breakfast for our guests.
- Free Wi Fi wireless internet for our guests.
- Complimentary use of the computer in the mezzanine.
- In room safes.
- Iron & ironing boards.
- Radio, CD Player that is IPOD and MP3 ready.
- Plasma TV’s.
- Turn down service.
- Library selection of pillows. ( heavy orthopedic, tempurpedic, or buckwheat pillows)
- 1,000 count Egyptian cotton sheets and pillowcases.
- Courtesy town car service for our guests.
- Free long distant phone calls
- Pet friendly
In 2005 Stevenswood opened up its gift shop.
In 2006 Stevenswood opened the Indigo Eco-Spa. The Indigo Eco-Spa is the premier center for well-being along the Mendocino Coast. Our state-of-the art, 5 star Luxury spa surrounds and atmosphere of pampering, relaxation and rejuvenation. Our spa is the first eco-friendly spa in the United States. We offer more than 2 dozen treatments at the spa. Such as;
- Dermologica Intensive Facial
- Hydra Facial
- Aroma-Stone Therapy
- Pacific Sea Detox
- Executive Facial
- Swedish Massage
- Comprehensive Deep Tissue
- From Here to Maternity Massage
- Love in Paradise – Couples Massage
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Grape Seed Oil Scalp Massage
- Olive Oil Foot Soak
- Anti-Inflammatory Hand Treatment
- Humboldt Salt Scrub
- Lavender Intensive Eye Therapy
- Citrus Leg Therapy
- Lomi Lomi Massage
- Reiki Massage
- Body Chemical Dioagnostics
- Gentlemen’s Choice Facial
- Parafin hand and foot treatment
Come and enjoy our beautiful Tranquility Lounge and Canyon Veranda where you can enjoy spa refreshments, before or after your treatments. For a complete discription and list of services please visit The Indigo Eco-Spa
In 2008 how do you top all of that. Well we did it. On our 20th Anniversary Stevenswood got a facelift with a new exterior paint job. “WOW” it is truly beautiful. The building is now in its full glory. Well done.