Join us for the 2008 Mendocino Film Festival. Mark the dates of May 29 thru June 1.
The purpose of this festival is to present films that stimulate the creative connection between our inner being and the outer world, films that bring us closer to one another, films that remind us who we are. We seek strong stories and strong characters that move us to laugh, to cry, to pause and wonder about the human experience. We seek work that engages and empowers as it entertains, that ventures into realms beyond worn out conventions.
Mendocino has been inspiration and location for over sixty feature films. It is home to a lively mix of artists, farmers, and activists; students, teachers, and fishermen. We have our disagreements but we weather the storms together. In 2006, our inaugural year, we welcomed over 50 filmmakers from all over the world and invited them into our homes, inns and hotels. Our community and the audience it attracts bring a colorful palette of sensibilites to the dialogue. Come join our conversation.
Last year the Mendocino Film Festival scheduled more than 100 films in six categories, with over sixty filmmakers arriving from across the country and around the globe. In addtion to an extraordinary selection of films, with special emphasis on documentaries and films on art, the film festival program includes panels and workshops with professional filmmakers, concerts and other special events, including an Opening Reception and an Award Ceremony featuring local entertainment, fine food, regional wines, and champagne.
What the Stars Say:
- I’m thrilled to see the Festival in full growth, dedicated as it is to showing only the best in film. Albert Maysles, Legendary documentary filmmaker: Grey Gardens, What’s Happening: The Beatles First Tour of the US
- The Mendocino Film Festival is about the appreciation of the craft, the recognition of artistic achievement and about cooperative energy and spirit. Mendocino has it. It’s a magical place. Sharon Lawrence, Actress: Fool Me Once, NYPD Blue, Desperate Housewives.
- Let’s face it, it was a true filmmaker’s film festival and a damn love fest! I’ve been telling all my friends they must get their act together and have a film ready to submit to next year’s festival. William Farley, Filmmaker.
- After having screened my films at over 45 film festivals around the world. I can attest that the Mendocino Film Festival is one of the best festivals anywhere. Great films, wonderful people and one of the most beautiful locations in the world. The festival really treats filmmakers special. Jed Riffe, Filmmaker.
- Congratulations on an absolutely wonderful film festival! I was astonished at the level of professionalism you held while still maintaining a warm, welcoming style. Totally lovely! Tommie Dell Smith, Filmmaker.